A cookie is a small simple file that is stored by your browser on the hard drive of your computer or device and sent when you visit a website. The information stored in cookies is then returned (depending on the cookie) to our servers (or to the servers of the relevant third parties) on a subsequent visit. Doing so, Cookies transmit small amounts of data about your device to the relevant web server and enables a website to recognise your computer, smartphone, or other device.
Whilst cookies can be classified through their Lifespan, i.e., whether they remain stored on your device for the duration of your browsing session, session cookies, or permanently until they are deleted or expire, permanent cookies.
A second method to classify cookies is by determining their origin or by who is placing a particular cookie. As such a distinction is drawn between first-party cookies and third-party cookies. First-party cookies are created directly by a website, whereas third-party cookies are created by a service provider. And because of that, each cookie stores different data and as such must be evaluated individually which then leads to several types of cookies.
The least privacy invasive type of cookies are Essential or Necessary cookies. These cookies are essential or necessary to ensure that a website works properly and is secure so that you can navigate a website and use its features. Without these cookies, certain features of a website would not function, and thus you would not be able to use certain services.
There are also Functional cookies or sometimes called convenience cookies. These cookies allow a website to remember the options a user has made (including user ID`s stored, consents given, or languages selected) and other personalisation options you have selected when browsing.
Further there are also Analysis and performance cookies, which are used to monitor and improve the function and service of a website. Those can track down problems when using a website, facilitate online surveys, record visitor numbers, and provide analytics metrics.
Lastly, Advertising cookies or targeting cookies. They are used to deliver customised advertising to the user. This can be very convenient, but also very annoying.
What law applies to cookies?
The UK`s Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (“PECR”) and the EU`s Privacy and Electronic Communications Directive (“PECD”) consider that cookies can constitute personal data. Accordingly, we have to obtain consent for all cookies that are non-essential (functional, analysis and performance or advertising cookies) for our website to function.
The cookies we use
Below you can find the cookies we use listed in accordance with their Name, Description, Lifespan, and Type. Please keep in mind that this list may be updated from time to time.
- This cookie is native to PHP applications. The cookie stores and identifies a user's unique session ID to manage user sessions on the website. The cookie is a session cookie and will be deleted when all the browser windows are closed.
- SendinBlue sets this cookie to store unique visits.
- 6 months
- Google Analytics sets this cookie to store and count page views.
- 1 year 1 month 4 days
- Google Analytics sets this cookie to calculate visitor, session and campaign data and track site usage for the site's analytics report. The cookie stores information anonymously and assigns a randomly generated number to recognise unique visitors.
- 1 year 1 month 4 days
- Google Tag Manager sets the cookie to experiment advertisement efficiency of websites using their services.
- 3 months
- doubleclick.net sets this cookie to determine if the user's browser supports cookies.
- 15 minutes
- MediaMath sets this cookie to avoid the same ads from being shown repeatedly and for relevant advertising.
- 6 months
How can you opt out?
If you do not wish to participate in our advertising personalization or retargeting/tracking you can object to behavioural advertising at the following websites: Your Online Choices, Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada, Network Advertising Initiative, AdChoices and the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance (Europe only).
How can you delete cookies?
Links to other websites
Does this policy change?
Who should I contact for more information?
Gre Development Ltd
7 Coronation Road, London,
NW10 7PQ, United Kingdom
Tel: +44 20 4524 2360
Email: [email protected]